· Should transcribe medical reports, summaries and medical documents from the recorded messages from health care providers or hospitals.
· Familiarity with proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure as well as medical jargon and abbreviations for accuracy.
· Must be able to work with transcription tool that can include speech recognition equipment, word processing, and computer software
· Maintain strict adherence to patient confidentiality according to provider standards
· Review transcription documents for quality assurance and precision to spot and correct any errors that could impact patient care and medical liability
· Create templates and enter data into electronic health record (EHR) systems for updated record keeping and archives
· Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment