We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join one of our web application team to help design and develop the next generation of financial planning and investment advice software. The ideal candidate would have experience developing, shipping, and maintaining web services in a large-scale, distributed environment such as AWS.
· Collaborate closely with Product Manager, Technical Architects and Software Engineers to design and deliver products for delivering Financial Planning and Investment Advice to customers
Build scalable and reliable RESTful services with microservices architecture in Java, Spring Boot, and AWS technologies
· Demonstrate passion for developing well architected, elegant, consumer-facing web applications
· Work closely with Technical Operations, Application Support and Site Monitoring teams to proactively monitor and maintain web applications.
· Collaborate closely with Product, Marketing, Finance Research and other Engineering Teams to understand & document product behavior, troubleshoot and triage software and system issues
· Improve software quality by engaging in activities such as writing unit and integration tests, reviewing test plans and documenting test cases.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree preferred
· 10+ years of overall software development experience
· Strong base in object-oriented design (Java), distributed systems, RESTful API design
· Hands on experience with technologies like HTTP/REST, and open source frameworks (Spring etc.)
· Exposure to cloud infrastructure such as AWS, and operations – continuous integration, DevOps etc.
· Exposure to monitoring and maintaining web services
· Experience with test automation frameworks such as Junit
Experience with databases and designing schemas
· Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM or a similar software development life cycle process